Vienna Express: Day Trip to Austria's Captivating Capital from Budapest
A one-day trip from Budapest to Vienna promises an unforgettable experience full of history, culture and natural beauty. Especially with a car you rent with Budget, you can tailor this experience to your schedule.
The Journey: Budapest to Vienna
The journey from Budapest to Vienna takes approximately 2.5-3 hours. During this short time you will witness some of the most impressive landscapes in Europe. By renting a car with Budget, you can make this journey at your own pace and customize your trip by stopping wherever you want.
Must-Visit Attractions in Vienna
- Schönbrunn Palace: This palace, which reveals the historical and architectural richness of Austria, is on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- Stephansdom Cathedral: A unique example of Gothic architecture, this cathedral is located in the center of the city.
- Belvedere Palace: It is one of the best examples of Baroque architectural style.
- St. Charles's Church: Charles Church, one of the historical churches of Vienna, was built in 1737. Dedicated to St. Charles Borromeo, this church is known as the most important baroque religious building in Vienna. Be sure to see this church, which is crowned with a 72-meter huge dome and attracts attention with its 33-meter Triumphal Columns.
Vienna's Culinary Delights
- Schnitzel: First discovered in Italy, Schnitzel later became widespread in the Austrian Empire. The fact that the Austrians popularized the Schnitzel concept and enriched it with different ingredients made Schnitzel a unique flavor of Austrian cuisine.
- Apfelstrudel: Apfelstrudel, known as apple dumpling, is one of the most delicious Viennese desserts. This dessert, which is the form of apple pie and cream placed in the dough, becomes more delicious by adding powdered sugar.
- Tafelspitz: Tafelspitz is made by thinly slicing beef and boiling it for at least three hours, and is made richer by adding various vegetables to the boiled meat. Tafelspitz, one of the oldest dishes in Vienna, can be tried in traditional restaurants.
- Fiakergulasch: Fiakergulasch, one of the first local delicacies that comes to mind when you think of Vienna, is a Viennese dish served with fried eggs and special sausage on top of meat stew.
Shopping in Vienna: Souvenirs and Specialties
Vienna's shopping streets are rich in both local products and international brands. Thanks to the car you rent with Budget, you can easily carry your shopping bags and enjoy shopping in different regions.
Tips for Making the Most of Your Day Trip
- Get an early start and explore the city's most popular spots before the crowds.
- Enjoy discounts at museums and attractions by purchasing the Vienna Card.
Vienna's Cultural Events and Seasonal Highlights
Vienna hosts many cultural events throughout the year. Especially in the summer months, many festivals and events take place.
The Return: Getting Back to Budapest
On your return journey from Vienna to Budapest, you can travel comfortably with the assurance of Budget. You have the freedom to explore different routes during the return journey with the car you rented.
With Budget car rental in Hungary, you will have an economical and comfortable experience on this trip between Vienna and Budapest. Now it's time to have this unique experience by renting your car from Budget!